The award winners will be announced at the gala Chief Minister’s Inclusion Awards night at the National Museum of Australia, Thursday 14 December from 6.30pm.
Thank you to everyone who put in a nomination and congratulations to everyone nominated.
The 2017 the Chief Minister’s Inclusion Awards are an opportunity to recognise and celebrate outstanding inclusive achievements in the Canberra community.
The awards are divided into these major categories:
- Recognising people with disability who are leaders in inclusion
- Excellence in inclusion for mainstream services
- Excellence in inclusive specialist disability services
- Excellence in enabling inclusion through supporting people with disability.
- Innovation in design to create inclusion of people with disability
For the first time there is a separate award for ‘Inclusion in Private Sector Employment’ to recognise Canberra businesses showing the way in employing people with disability.