The ACT Chief Minister’s Inclusion Awards are an annual acknowledgement and celebration of the outstanding achievements of businesses, organisations and individuals who have demonstrated their commitment to encourage, welcome and support people with disability in their workplace, business and community.
Nominations for the 2022 Chief Minister’s Inclusion Awards are now open!
Do you know a champion of disability inclusion in your workplace, school or community? If so, nominate them today. Both people and organisations can be nominated.
There are 13 awards across 4 categories available to submit a nomination for and the Chief Minister’s Award for Excellence is selected from the winners of the 13 awards.
|Category 1 – Recognising people with disability who are leaders in inclusion
· Emerging Young Leader
· Achievement in Inclusion
· Excellence in Making Inclusion Happen
|Category 2 – Excellence and Innovation in community access and inclusion
· Inclusion in Private Sector Employment
· Inclusion in Public Sector Employment
· Inclusion in Education and Training
· Inclusion in Business
· Excellence in Innovation, Design and Access
|Category 3 – Achieving inclusion through supporting the independence and wellbeing of people with disability
· Excellence in Inclusive Services and Disability Support
· Excellence in Volunteer Support
· Excellence in Support Work
· Life-time Achievement in Supporting People with Disability
|Category 4 – Championing Rights, Protection and Justice
· Sue Salthouse Award for Championing Human Rights and Equality
|The overarching Inclusion Award for Excellence
(selected from the above award recipients)
The Inclusion Awards traditionally align with International Day for People with Disability on 3 December, however the 2020 and 2021 events were unable to be held.
The 2019 awards were announced at a gala night at the Great Hall, Parliament House on Thursday 5 December 2019